Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

My description about Malama Honua

WALT write a description about our Malama Honua experience using our five senses.

First I could hear the helicopter flying around us it sounded like we were in the war and someone was shooting a machine gun. When I  saw these two Pt england girls gave three cheers for the Manaiakalani and the ancestors and when we said hip hip hurray it was loud as like 3 elephants stomping.    

Second I could smell Fresh air and fresh grass because it was raining and rain will make grass grow and the sun to and sun was shining on it to. I could smell petrol from the bus when we were leaving to go to Pt england.

Third I could Taste the salty air going through my mouth and down my throat and my throat was dry but we could not have a drink until the Malama Honua was finished.

Fourth I could see the manaiakalani cluster of schools it looked like a colourful rainbow.And I saw lots of seaweed washed up onto  the sand .

Fifth I felt exhausted and proud of myself because the day was over and the haka was not just for me it was for the hawaiian people and for my ancestors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment