Pages

Monday 4 September 2017

Ko te Whakatauki o te wiki - T3W7 Kauri


WALT: make personal connections to a given whakatauki.
This was the whakatauki which is Tanagta ako i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana.
And the english verse for this is The person taught well at home will stand strong on the marae, and in society. 
This was a very fun whakatauki it taught me a lot and what it meant. What I enjoyed was learning about this whakatauki and also gaining more knowledge about what the values mean to me and how I can show them at my house. I think it is good to learn about this because it will put your mindset in the right path and also make you have a good future when you grow older and are a adult.
1thing I struggled on is trying to come up with my own version of the whakatauki because I couldn't figure it out but I got there at the end which was good. These whakatauki are very fun because it will teach you a lot of things you don't know. This is why I like doing it and it is good also because I do learn my culture language because we need to identify what these words mean and what are the effects it has on us. I hope to do this again because it was fun and very challenging but that is good for us because we are learning more things every time we do this. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment